Thursday, December 21, 2017

Week 12 - Ilumina el Mundo!

Still haven't been robbed (Part 5) -

Lunes: Happy Birthday Millie! I love you! Today was p-day - we did the usual. Then we went boxing. Well, I didn't because I didn't want to die. 

Martes: We taught the lesson today with the Garcia's! It went really well, mostly because they already know everything. We taught them about the Priesthood and ended up explaining the Abrahamic Covenant. They completely understood, so that was cool! Then we taught the lesson to Susanna too. 

Miércoles: Long day. We tried to find someone's house for a long time, but I think they gave us a fake address. Lunch was bomb. We had some again.

Jueves: The Garcia Family literally invited us to the other side of the state of Mexico for a New Year's Eve party with their family. Haha! Love them. We watched "Polar Express" for Noche de Cine. Tom Hanks is a legend.

Viernes: Studied a lot this morning and I finally finished the Book of Mormon in English again! I started 9 weeks ago. We had 2 lunch appointments. I gained 10 lbs. from that....

Sábado: So we taught La Familia Garcia again. Note: They buy us sweet bread overtime we come over. We had our "Ilumina el Mundo" (Light the World) activity tonight. Our entire zone did it together which was sick - We have an awesome zone! I love them. We set up a ton of tables in the palacio (like a town square) for people to bring clothes to donate and we had ponche and stole (apple cider-isa and hot chocolate-ish) for free. We also had Christmas videos playing. We even had an elder dress up as Santa - we went the whole 9 yards. Between 6:30 and 9 pm, we had about 600 people come. We got enough clothes to fill 2 pickup trucks. Super cool! BTW! So we showed up to the church after lunch and this girl, about 16, was there. Felt like she should go to the church right then and we showed up 5 minutes later.... no such things as coincidences!

Domingo: Christopher received the Aaronic Priesthood today! Only 2 weeks after baptism... insane stuff. Not much other than that to report!

I've seen a few miracles this week. Really awesome, testimony building week! I highly recommend living in the ghetto part of a super ghetto city. Super fun stuff. I love y'all! I pray for you guys every day! Let me know how it's going! I miss you all (even if you don't write me... ;)) Peace.

- Davis

The Garcias gave each of us blankets and two scarfs.
 They also made us a wreath.
 Comps - me and Elder McDowell
 With Elder Santiz
Elder Freitas' last Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment