Monday, March 12, 2018

Week 24 - Champions!

Hey everyone!

At this point, I don't know what to talk about. Mexico is good. I'm loving the mission! If you are wondering what a mission is like, or if you forgot, well, it's good. Like 80% of the time, things don't go as planned and you get frustrated and the other 20%, things don't go as planned and you have a really cool experience.

Monday: This day was the bomb. In the mission every 6 months, we have a Sports Day. With team (Zone) jerseys and all. We play basketball, soccer, and volleyball as a zone against every other zone. Our zone, Helaman, won! It was so fun to see the whole mission, all my homies, in other zones. Good day!

Helaman Zone
 Bus ride to sports day

 Elders Peterson, Rowberry, Crockett and Quist
 Zone Trophy cause we are the best
 My dad - Elder McDowell
 with Elder Braithwaite, my homie 

Tuesday: There really wasn't anything super interesting about this day besides having a district meeting and a super interesting lesson. So we taught a lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ to about 20 people... it was an Alcoholics Anonymous group. Haha. It actually went really well. 

This cycle has ben hard, not gonna lie. But I found these scriptures: Mosiah 23:21-22 - "Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten His people; Yea, He trieth their patience and their faith. Nevertheless--whosoever putteth his trust in Him the same shall be lifted up at the last day. Yea, and thus it was with this people." I've come to realize a lot more clearly that I'm on the Lord's mission, not my mission.

Wednesday: We had a zone activity today in area Zapata and I went with Elder Oehler, my homie. We contacted 6 or 7 people and they all accepted soooo we killed it. We walked a lot today. They said I would gain weight on my mission, but I honestly don't see how that's possible. haha! We never.stop.walking.

Thursday: We set 3 baptismal dates today! Ana Maria, Wendy, and Jade. They all seem really interested so I hope it works out next cycle. 

Friday: Another zone activity, but this time it was in our area! 20 elders walking around contacting for 2 hours. I was with Elder Barcenas, super fun morning! Then we had lunch with the Garcia's. We had some tacos dorados ( like taquitos in the US, but better). They were the best, as usual. 

Saturday: This morning we helped this cool member, Sergio (he has a glass eye). We moved a giant metal staircase. It was huge, good service though!

Sunday: Just a normal Sunday. No one came to church. It's transfers this week and I found out that I'm moving down to Amecameca! 4 1/2 months here in Valle de Chalco has been so awesome! But I guess it's time to go. I'm excited though! I'll be closer to the volcanoes. :)

Have a good week! I miss y'all!

- Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment