Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Week 40 - Elections Are Over

Hello my friends in the good 'ol United States Of AMERICA!

Enjoy the 4th of July a little for me, eh? 



So lately we have been trying to get an investigator married, Guadalupe, to her husband who is a member. They are cool!  Y'all are gonna see them in some baptism pictures soon!!! They are getting MARRIED THIS WEEK ON THE GOOD 'OL 4TH OF JULY - send them some love through that amazing thing called prayer.

Mexico has been pretty dang insane these past two months or so. The elections for the state governor, city mayor, and president are all going on at the same time. Here in Mexico everyone cares about the local government more than any other thing so the people running for office here have made jingles to use to tell people to vote for them. People put GIANT speakers on their cars and drive around and blast this ugly music all day and all night... BUT the elections ended Sunday so it's a lot more calm.

THAT ALSO MEANS we can visit more people. The number one thing people say when we show up at their house is "oh I am going to help so and so with some politics stuff, come back another day". So this week we are going to kill it.

I love Mexico, I love the Lord, I love my comp, I love the prophet, Russell M. Nelson, I love all you out there reading this! Have a stellar week!

E. Quist

 Elder Mendez from the Dominican Republic, I love him
 Elder Castillo and I in a taxi during divisions

Elder Santos and I borrowed some bikes and found this cool highway that no one is allowed to use. It's called the highway of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment