Saturday, October 14, 2017

Week 2 - More MTC fun!

Hey guys! Everything is bueno down here, not as much rain because the rainy season just ended, but it rained a few times. The Spanish is good. Yesterday was hard. Our teachers made us speak Spanish the whole day and whoever in our district spoke English the most had to buy the winners a candy from the tienda. I didn't lose, don't worry. It's been awhile since last pday and I'll explain why.

Wednesday:  After emailing, we went to the temple. It was soooooo cool. It is one of 5 temples where Moroni is holding the plates, but it was such a cool session. I bought 2 sock ties and a cool ring at this store that is connnected to the temple grounds. The traffic in Mexico City is crazy still.


Thursday:  First relatively clear day since I've been here, kinda weird. I really love studying the scriptures now. I wish I knew before what I know now about studying and how to study and what to look for. It's one of my favorite things to do now.   
Friday:  We studied forever today. We had like 9 hours of just study time in our classroom. It drove me insane. I wore one of my new sock ties, not to brag but dang I looked good in that tie...
 
Saturday:  So we have this thing called TALL (idk what it stands for) where we use this one program on the computers and it helps sooooo much, and I can listen to music on LDS.org, but today I listened to 4 talks from conference in like, idk, the 80s? They were good. Hinckley is my man. Our lesson with Hermano Gonzalez was really good this afternoon. It was about 1 Nephi Ch 1. It has a lot more meaning than I ever could have thought. Our lessons didn't go well last week, but this week we got our investigator to commit to baptism the first lesson which was kinda a miracle for us.

Sunday:  Fasting here is so hard. So guess what! Our zone leaders are leaving tomorrow soooooo me and Elder Peterson, the elders who've been here 13 days, are Zone Leaders! I like it cause I'm not assistant ZL, like I was for DL, we are both ZL's. In our district meeting, we were sharing spiritual thoughts and it was really great. It finally rained again today. We have 3 devotionals every Sunday so that's fun.

Monday:  I got soup on one of my shirts, but besides that it was just a normal day.

Tuesday:  In our morning class with Hermana Gutierrez, we played Red Light Green Light outside on the tennis courts. It was hilarious. We had to teach her how to play and she was so confused. Four square during gym was intense. I finally got little sticky note tab things for my scriptures from the tienda so that basically made my day. I finished marking all the scripture mastery in English and Spanish. Elder Davis from one of the other rooms in the casa broke the window by the front door tonight. hahahaha he's a punk but I love him. 
Wednesday:  The latinos in our casa are our homies. They teach us lots of stuff, and sometimes some funny slang words, but they are leaving in a week so that's sad. Everyone go listen to Gordon B Hinckley's talk "Don't Drop the Ball" from Conference in 1994. It is so good! Visited the new district today as Zone Leaders. It was weird.

Thursday:  I woke up today and ran along the entire interior of the wall with Elder Tolman and then went to the gym. It felt so good to just run. We had to speak Spanish all day today, no English at all, and it was super hard but it made me realize how much I actually know so I didn't hate it.

Friday:  Today we drove 2 HOURS away from the CCM to this government building and we did our VISA stuff. That's why I had my pday today and not Wednesday. It'll be Wednesday next week.

I miss everyone! If you are wondering what it's like here or have any questions about anything, just send me an email. So ya, say hi, drop a line. 

Love y'all!    
-Davis




No comments:

Post a Comment