Monday, November 20, 2017

Week 8 - Happiness is a Choice

Hi All!

Well I'm doing well here. I still can't believe that I've been here for 2 weeks! Crazy! So after p-day last week, we had FHE with the ward. Super fun!

Last Tuesday: AMAZING DAY!! So cool. 10 days at that point and it's already so worth it! Ok to start, we had a ton of appointments today, like 5 to 6. We ended up not being able to teach any of them because only one of them were home. His name is Christopher Garcia and his wife, Angeles. They are amazing. They said that normally they wouldn't stop to talk to us in the street, but they felt peaceful and happy when we stopped them. They felt that it was God telling them to listen. After talking, they committed to baptism! So cool! I don't know spanish very well, but I could understand enough to see that they knew how special the gospel is!

Wednesday: Unfortunately, we had appointments fall through. But later in the day, we had a meeting with Hermano Roman, the ward mission leader.

Thursday: We walked 10-12 miles today, but it was such a good day. We had a lesson with Susanna. She has been taught all the lessons, but never kept any commitments. We visited her and talked and bore our testimonies and she committed to baptism! So that was awesome. Then we did a contacting activity with Elder Garcia and contacted like 20 people in an hour. 

Friday: We went to this super cheap gym this morning. It costs 10 pesos, which is about 50 cents in America. Later that morning, we taught the Garcia family again. It was soooo amazing. I love them. The rest of our day was full of appointments that fell through, so that was fun. Every Friday, we show a movie for local kids. 

Saturday: We tried to go to the gym again, but it was closed. So we ended up playing basketball at the church. Afterwards we cleaned the church. We had our studies, lunch, then more studies before we visited some less actives.

Sunday: REALLY good day today guys. Before church, we had our studies and I finished Alma. We had 5 investigators come to church! Giovanna brought her aunt. And the Garcia Family came (Christopher, Angeles and their daughter, Lucia) and Mariella (Angeles' daughter from her 1st marriage). So cool! Such a great experience! Later we went to Giovanna's house and watched "Ephraim's Rescue." Good day.

Well, this week has been awesome! Really eye opening. I wish that I could understand everyone better, but I know it will come. I have learned that no matter what, everyone can find a way to be happy. Since I've gotten to the field, it has bugged me that all these people living in poverty have TV's and nice phones. But I think that it is because they don't need more than what they have to be happy. They don't need nice homes. It has taught me a lot about humility. Well I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Q 


*This was included in his mom's letter (a little missionary chastisement to his family) and needed to document for his future self😜... "You know, the longer I go without a phone, the more liberated I feel. I think we spent a ton of time on technology. I think if everyone would use a little bit less, everyone would be happier." 

 We had a Kool-aid party!
 a parade by our house
 Main street of Chalco

No comments:

Post a Comment