Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Week 16 - Volcanoes and Baptisms: A Great Week!

Monday: The Garcia's took us to an ancient volcanic crater and made us dinner. Angeles taught us how to make a Lemon Pie. A good day.








Tuesday: We had interviews in Chalco with the President. It was good. President Zapata is a cool guy! Later, we went back to Chalco to a multi-zone meeting. 

Wednesday: Giovana took us to some friends she knows and we met this girl named Astrid. We taught her the Plan of Salvation... All the while her aunt was just breastfeeding her baby and it just got super awkward. haha. But she (Astrid) accepted a baptismal date!

Thursday: We had to go to Chalco to pick up some baptismal clothes. While we were there, I bought some new shoes. They are dope. Later, we had the baptismal interviews for Brenda and Ingrid and they both passed! I'm going to baptize Ingrid and my comp will baptize Brenda. It's going to be so cool! 

Friday: CONGRATS TO MAREN AND CODY! I LOVE YOU GUYS! Now don't have a baby until I get home. Please. Thank you. Also, we met this crazy lady named Susanna. More on her if she progresses.

Saturday: Brenda and Ingrid are baptized! So cool! When Ingrid was going in the water, she said it was cold, but after I asked how she felt. She said she isn't cold anymore, just super happy! Soooo cool. So blessed to be somewhere I can see 4 people be baptized within 40 days. 



Sunday: So there is this guy, Hermano Beto, in our ward who is super cool. So funny. He is a return missionary, like 30 years old. Just a super nice guy. We talked to him for an hour-is today. That was the daily highlight.

Long week, but a good week. 2 spiritual thoughts I want to share. 1, At funerals, the pallbearers are the people who were closest to the deceased. Those that carry the sacrament are literally pallbearers for the body of Christ. So to pass the sacrament, we must be close to Christ. And 2, Less of a spiritual thought, but the Articles of Faith are incredible. I highly suggest reading them again if you haven't in awhile! Anyway, this cycle ends the 29th and I'll be done training! I hope to stay in this area. It's super fun here. I really like working here. I miss y'all! 

Love ya! Write me!
E Quist






No comments:

Post a Comment