Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Week 21 - Still Haven't Been Robbed (Part 15)

I'm doing great, fam! Still a little sick, but it's ok. I'm livin'. Valle de Chalco is fun! Lots of nice drunk people. I actually saw some guy just fall over in the road because he was so drunk. Good times. OH!... And there was an earthquake last week. It wasn't too near, but we felt it. Still alive though. 

Monday: We played soccer as a zone today and I killed it (just kidding, it was so fun though). We had some really good quesadillas later. Kind of sketchy, but what isn't here? 

Tuesday: Our district meeting was good. Elder Parker taught about having patience. 'Twas a good lesson. Sidenote - Sorry I say "good" a lot in these emails. My english vocabulary has drastically reduced.

Wednesday: We had a multi-zone meeting in Chalco with Elder Pieper, an Area Authority. He said a lot of helpful things, but what I liked the most was, "Revelation is not an explanation. It is a declaration." Lots of good stuff. Super long meeting like 5 hours. 

Thursday: I really like these scriptures. I read during my study time: Mosiah 2:22-24 and 2 Nephi 1:20. The rest of the day was not too fun.

Friday: SUPER exciting day. So we were walking around, contacting people when a guy was like "Hey, where are you from?" And it is usually fun to talk to people that speak english so we talked with him awhile. This guy has LIVED. He knows like 6 languages, has lived/travelled all over the world, super funny guy. Ok dad, here's the best part: He lived in Elko for 10 years. For those of you who don't know what/where that is. It's a town like 3 hours west of Salt Lake in Nevada. Lots of mining. And this guy worked in one. "You know, I really like Americans. Hard workers, even the women. One time I was assigned to work with Matilda. And that's a girl's name, so I was pretty excited. Maybe she was cute? When all the other workers found out, they said, 'You're dancing' with Matilda tonight!' Turns out, Matilda was the name of a jack hammer. I don't like Matilda anymore." Haha!! This guy is hilarious. Anyway, later in the day there was a BIG earthquake in Oaxaca (Wuh-hawk-uh) and we felt it. Our electricity was our for 2 hours. Fun stuff.

Saturday: From study - "If you treat an individual as he is, he will stay as he is. If you treat him as if he were what he could be and ought to be, he will become what he ought to be." Sorry, I don't talk about investigators a lot. We currently have like 30, but none of them have come to church (literally zero).

Sunday: Ward Conference today! We had 145 people come. A new high! Afterwards we negotiated for a new house (it's sick, I love it). We'll be moving tomorrow! We had a zone meeting in the evening. 

Busy week! 2 to 3 lessons every day. I love y'all. Hope life is treatin' you well! Email me! :)

- Elder Quist

(no pics from our boy this week, but grateful to the Garcia family for sending some!)

Moving Day - The Elder's previous apartment wasn't in their area (10 minute walk to their area). So they found and negotiated a new one in their area. Thanks to the Garcia family who helped them move! 


 Transfer day for Elder McDowell

No comments:

Post a Comment