Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Week 22 - 20%!

Hey all! 

I just finished about 20% of the mission and hit the 5-month mark. Super exciting stuff! This week was really slow. Probably one of the more difficult weeks so far. But then I found a scripture that really helped. 1 Nephi 20:10, "For behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." Sometimes God gives us trials in life to test us or to learn something because he has chosen us to do something important and wants us to be ready. If we put our trust in God, He will help us!

Monday was super busy. We packed up our house for a few hours, then played basketball and soccer at the church for awhile. I got a haircut too. It's fresh. After a quick lunch, we moved all of our stuff to our new house! This house is the bomb.

Tuesday we only had one lesson, but it was probably one of the best! It was with Mariana and her niece, Angeles. We committed Angeles to baptism, so that was cool.

Wednesday we had interviews with President. They lasted quite a while. We missed 2 appointments. We try to call when we miss an appointment, but half the time this is what happens: we say "Hey sorry about yesterday. We called, but the number doesn't work." Them: "Oh yeah, I don't pay my phone bill, but I have a number. Just call if you're not going to come, alright?" HUH??? Some people...

Not much on Thursday to report.

Friday we walked so much. We had do something on the computers and while we were on, I watched Jeffrey R. Holland's talk about Peter when he says "Feed my sheep." Cool video!

So this member we ate with on Saturday mentioned like 4 times that I need to visit after my mission and marry his daughter. hahaha Ohhhh Mexico....

Sunday was Sunday. Anyway, that was my week. Super exciting! Y'all need to write me. I'm a lot funnier in personal emails.... :) 

Love and miss you all! 
Elder DQ

My new desk arrangement

(he promises more pics next week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment