Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Week 26 - Hiking Popcatépetl

Hi All! A run down of my week --

Monday: Last week for p-day, we hiked/drove up Popocatépetl, an active volcano nearby. It was pretty awesome! Don't be jealous.

a view of the active volcano from our area



 hiking with the district


Tuesday: We had a multi-zone meeting in Chalco. We left our house at 7:30 am and didn't get home until about 4 pm. Long meeting. We were so tired. Walking up a volcano the day before is not too easy on the legs.



Wednesday: We have been looking through our area books (we have a ton) to find people to teach again. We visited one this morning. She wasn't there, but we talked with her a little bit and she is really interested! We left her a Book of Mormon and she really wants to read it.  Later we went to Ecatzingo (a town in our area). We have to use a combi or a bus to get there because it's so far. Without traffic, it's 30 minutes by bus. But. It's probably my favorite place to visit so far in the mission. 

Thursday: We went on splits with the Zone Leaders in Ecatzingo. We were there all day. There is not a flat road in this place. It is pure hills. One road is literally more than a 45 degree incline.

Friday: I don't think y'all knew this, but no one in Mexico has toasters. I have not seen one yet. I really miss them. And bagels. I miss bagels. I thought about American food a lot today.

Saturday: We traveled a ton today! When I go to this area, we received a branch. The other Elders never worked there, so President Zapata gave the area to us. It's called Tepecoculco, and it's also quite far in a combi (30 minutes) and about 120 pesos. That's a lot... we had a really good lesson in Ecatzingo in the morning. Then we met with the Tepecoculco Branch President in the afternoon and visited some less active families. Long, good day.

Sunday: We had a really cool lesson in the afternoon. I felt the spirit during the opening prayer and this lady we taught was like, "whoa, I've never felt the spirit like that before." Great lesson. At the end, I felt impressed to promise her that if she prays, she will feel the spirit strongly. She prayed and the spirit was definitely there. She felt it too. Super cool!

Overall this week was awesome! We got 12 new investigators and worked SUPER hard. I really miss bagels, but besides that things are great! I love you all! You're in my prayers!

- Elder Quist

 the pig (aka, the carnitas) from last week

No comments:

Post a Comment