Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Week 27 - That One Soul

Hey everyone! 

This week will be a little shorter. I'll fill you in with all the weekly details next week, but today I just wanted to share my testimony.

Being here on a mission has given me a lot of time to think. I am serving a mission. I am not "on my mission." I am on God's mission. In Doctrine and Covenants 18:15-16 it says:  
  
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!


I have realized that the "one soul" is mine. The purpose of serving this mission is to bring souls unto Christ. BUT how great shall be my joy if that soul is mine. I certainly did not come here to Mexico completely converted. I should say, I did have amazing experiences spiritually and I know the church is true, but converted? Honestly, no. Did I pray every day? No. Read the scriptures? Really only in seminary. Know what it was like to follow the spirit? Not really. The biggest and best convert on this mission of God is and will be myself. The amount of miracles I have seen and the amazing experiences I have had teaching others has literally changed my life. I forget at the moment who said it but someone in Conference said, "Things that don't change remain the same." I don't want to go on a 2 year "fun time teaching people, we baptized a few times" experience. I want to go on a mission. And I want to come back changed and converted. I know I am doing the Lord's work for 2 years of my life, and I am doing it because I love Him. I know that the Book Of Mormon is the most correct of any book on the planet and it contains the fulness of the Gospel, and that by and through that book any person can gain a testimony through diligent scripture study and prayer. I have seen the changes people have made in their lives to have the message that this Gospel brings. I know that God will give us trials and afflictions to test our patience and faith and that by enduring those hard times we can gain a new and special witness for ourselves that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. He is at the head of this church and directs the work of salvation through his living prophet Russell M. Nelson, and through the apostles. I know that if we put every ounce of our faith in Him, we will never be led down the wrong path and that we can withstand the temptations of everyday life. 

I hope everyone felt spiritually uplifted and had an amazing conference weekend! This regularly scheduled program will continue next week...

Love you all!
Elder Davis Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment