Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Week 32 - Another Week in Jonacatepec

Hey all! So they told me that Jonacatepec was super hot, but it really isn't. And it's starting to rain every night so that's the bomb.

Monday: First  p-day. First zone meeting. It's fine. Afterwards we played basketball at a park. Then we are at this place called "Tortugas." It was pretty dang good. Plus, I got to see Elder Crockett for the first time in 5 months. 

Tuesday: So at lunch today one of the daughter's of these people found a butter knife and started threatening me with it. Usually I wouldn't be scared, but the look in her eyes was evil. She really wanted to kill me (she's 9 btw). Then she left and I thought I was good, but she came back with an actual knife, so.... that was terrifying. We also taught this nice old lady and I think she is going to get baptized next week. :)

Wednesday: It was just one of those days. No one was home. 

Thursday: We showed Atziri, one of our investigators, the church and taught a lesson. Good lesson. Later we taught 3 people that are so good and they committed to baptism. But they don't live in our area on Sundays. They go to school here and go home on the weekend. My comp got a little sad after, so I talked to him about miracles. Sometimes we are the reason that others have miracles in their lives. 

Friday: Really just a ton of walking.

Saturday: Another day of a ton of walking. But this time we actually taught a couple of lessons!

Sunday: Church day! Hermana Fermina - the one that will get baptized next week - came to church! I really like what someone said in testimony meeting: "Do not be ashamed to bear your testimony of God." It's an awesome reminder of why I'm here. It reminds me of a scripture, 2 Nephi 25:26, "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophecy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of sins." NEVER BE AFRAID TO SHARE THIS WONDERFUL AND AMAZING GOSPEL!

I love y'all. Keep being cool people and read the Book of Mormon!

Have a great week!
- Davis

With Elder Palomares

No comments:

Post a Comment