Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Week 35 - The Lords of Chalco

Hi all!

How's it goin? This week was good. Super tiring. It is still hot here, big surprise.

Monday: Long p-day. I went on divisions with Elder Rowberry (fellow LP Knight) because our comps had an appointment. It was fun, but very long. I found this quote last week by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland:

"Some tasks take time. Accept that."

Being a missionary has really helped me with patience. Patience with my companion, investigators, members, and more than anyone, myself.

Tuesday: We had a district meeting today. It was good. I really like learning from other missionaries. Not a ton happened today. We just contacted a ton.

Wednesday: So today I was on divisions with Elder Rowberry's son, Elder Mendez. We killed it. Didn't have many lessons, but we did have a TON of contacts. 32! The mission is the bomb, homies. I get the amazing opportunity every day to talk with random people -- but at the same time, not random because God puts everyone in our path for a reason -- and share this incredible message. :)

Thursday: Hahaha. Nothing really happened today.

Friday: We visited a bunch of people today. One of them was a less-active member. He was baptized 4 years ago and recently stopped going to church, but wants to be active again. I don't want to share a ton, but a quote I like relates to him: "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are made for."

Saturday: Two things I learned today. Things I already knew, but I learned them in interesting and personal ways: First, "If you don't teach with the spirit, you aren't teaching, you're explaining." And second, "Affliction, pain and difficulty are given to us from God so we can receive blessings in the future." 

Sunday: It was a good day. The Sabbath is the best. That less active - his name is Jonathan - came! Later, in the evening, we had a zone meeting and we made a goal to have 102 investigators with a baptismal date this week. So please pray for us!

I love y'all! I hope you have a good week and remember to look for ways to bless God's children and share this message.

- Elder Quist






No comments:

Post a Comment