Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Week 36 - "Don't Worry, It'll Fit"

Hey all!

I have officially been in Mexico 250 days. Cool I guess haha. So I decided that this describes Mexico very well: "Don't worry, it'll fit" (when the taxi is full and the driver thinks 3 more people can fit, when the truck is full of stuff but they just use extra rope, when you say you can't fit more food inside of you and they take that to mean you don't like their food so you have to sacrifice and just EAT. MORE. FOOD).  

Ok so this week to finish up this cycle, we went on exchanges like 4 times with the other Elders in our district. It was a little frustrating to be outside of my own area so often but it was a good experience to be able to see how other Elders work and be able to help others in their labors.

This week we committed a couple people to baptism, BUT they didn't come to chruch so we will need to focus this next week on the importance of the Sabbath Day and the sacrament. I hope they can come next week. Pray for us por favor :) By the way, the reason I don't include many names of investigatos is because we have a lot and not mant progress, even those with a date for baptism. So if they ACTUALLY progress, I'll include them.

Quote from the week that I love from David O Mckay: "The purpose of the Gospel is to make bad men good and good men better - to change men's lives." If we understand that more clearly in our lives we will have SO MUCH MORE DESIRE to share this gospel with others.

Another quote: "Learning to live is learning to live simply."

I love y'all! Get a little closer to God this week :)

Elder Quist

More pictures from our hike last week - 
 Me and Elder Money

No comments:

Post a Comment