Monday, June 18, 2018

Week 38 - LECHE

Hello everyone! 

Ok so this week I had a lot of milk. My comp and I counted and I think I drank like 12 liters of milk. Which is a lot because we only eat at home in the morning and sometimes at night, but I usually only drink like 3 liters... anyway, sorry for that weird little life fact of mine haha.

Rain! Ok so it rained SUPER hard on Saturday! I would have recorded it, but that would have ruined my camera, lemme explain. So the street curbs here are like a foot and a half or 2 feet tall becuase during the rainy season (now) it floods. The first time it happened was Saturday. I literally was standing in water almost to my shins - we had to do it because we had a lesson.

People! We have someone progressing :) Her name is Jaqueline. We walked through a flood to get to her and God blessed us with an awesome person to teach! And then she came to church! I'll keep y'all updated.

I have been thinking a lot recently about what I want (in life, during the mission..) and have been kinda distracted recently. God is a good god so he sent an angel into my life. His name is Braden Verano (I think). We had a meeting and he is from a ward 45 minutes away. He is the ward mission leader and is only 20. His family basically disowned him because he got baptized and wants to go on a mission, but he still wants to go. We just started talking and he really helped me out. Something I really like that he said: "Sacrifice means everything. If you want a mansion (or some worthy desire), you must sacrifice everything to get it - family, friends, time, money. God will see that and give you that mansion, if He sees fit. The question is: What. Do. You. Want? And what are you willing to give up to have it?"

Where are our priorities? What do we want? What are we willing to give up to get it? Something to think about :)

Have a good week!
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment