Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 42 - Transferring and Training!

Hey all!

So I'm on the move again. I'm transferring areas again! And one other thing... I'M PREGNANT! I'M HAVING A BOY. I found out yesterday that I will be training starting onnnnn Tuesday! I'm pretty excited, but a little sad to be leaving Jonacatepec. 


So this week, on Sunday, we had a baptism! Eder got baptized after listening to the missionaries for TEN YEARS!! Super cool guy, he is 25. It was a really awesome service. His whole family was there. His sister flew in to see him get baptized from Monterrey, about 2 hours by plane. We had like 50 people at the baptism and along with 12 missionaries, and a ton of the young single adults came from another ward. We had a super spiritual service. I got to baptize him which was incredible. I messed up saying his name the first time so I had to do it again and after I hugged him in the font and said sorry I messed up. He just kinda shrugged it off and said "That's ok, I had a lot of sins to get rid of." hahahahaha I love him. He's awesome. At the end of the service, he was asked to say the closing prayer and it was just so spiritual and personal. He cried during the prayer and yeahhhhh he's awesome. 

Sometimes it is hard to see the blessings we have in our lives right in the moment. Sometimes it is easy. Always be grateful. Recently I have thought about being an example to others and how important the examples in my life have been, my mom and my dad, my older sister, my younger siblings, all my friends, my leaders who cared and loved, my bishops, all the other ward members and family friends. Remember: As a member of this church, even though you are not wearing a name tag, you are a personal witness of Jesus Christ, of Joseph Smith, of Russell M Nelson, of the Book of Mormon. Always act in such a way that would bring nothing but honor and respect to those things. :) 

I love y'all! I miss ya.

Elder Quist




No comments:

Post a Comment