Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Week 56 - Happiness is a Choice

Hey everyone! 

A lot happened (and didn't happen) this week. 

The Salas family: Ok y'all buckle up. SO. The Salas fam is the bomb. We met them my very first day here and they have been preparing for baptism since then and actually they are very prepared and excited to be baptized. The thing is they are not divorced and the divorce is ALMOST done, but something keeps delaying it. So every week in my emails I say "this week is gonna be awesome", but then something always happens. :/ BUT hopefully this week gets LOcO and they finally get wet. haha

Niños: We are going to baptize a couple kids soon (I think), the 30th. They are my homies.

Andrea: Also my homie. She met with the missionaries 3 years ago and wanted to get baptized, but she was living with her boyfriend so she couldn't. NOW she isn't! We have been meeting with her for awhile and teaching her but she never has been able to go to church (she works on sundays and her boss is a jerk and didn´t give her a break). BUT she finally changed jobs and this week she finally went to church!! It was sick. I was pumped. I was also freaking out because of a soon to be revealed "problem".

The Reyes family: We made a list of less active members to visit and came across this sweet fam. We visited them and we have had an enjoyable time getting to know them haha. The dad is crazy, looks like Einstien a lil bit, and is very confusing sometimes but super cool. And his wife is the bomb. She is super nice. They have a teenage daughter who is a genius. She is planning on working for NASA in a few years sooooo yeah. She told me her hobby is studying math #props. Also we are going to baptize their daughter and son, 10 and 8 years old.

Our "problem" was that there were only two Elders at church (well, that is normal) and THIRTEEN investigators came!!!! That is insane. It blew my mind. That was one of thee most hectic days I have had in a while.

I was listening to a Holland talk and this thought came into my mind: Happiness is just as much of a choice as discouragement. We wake up everyday and work and we can make the choice to be happy or sad. Always choose to be happy :)

Elder Quist

Companions - Elders Strunk and Quist

 Fellow LP Knights - Elders Quist and Rowberry

No comments:

Post a Comment