Monday, November 5, 2018

Week 58 - DIA DE LOS MUERTOS (Day of the Dead)

HELLO AMERICA! HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR MIDTERM ELECTIONS DOIN'? 

So I forgot to mention last week that last Sunday I did not realize it was daylight savings (don't know why that isn't info given to missionaries because we kinda need to be on time to things...) and no one told me or my son so we did not change our clocks accordingly (and it should be mentioned that our peanut phone didn't change either) SO. What happened? This is what happened. We woke up at 6:30 am and got ready for church on Sunday and got ready fast, we prayed, left the house, out of the gate of our street, and up the hill to the taxis. Right in front of the taxi base is where they do the giant street market (Tianguis) on Sundays. I was asking myself in my mind why everyone was getting all of their shops ready a little later than normal, and why there weren't many people in the street...  We get in the taxi and are on the way to church - btw the church is about 45 minutes away walking so we use taxis, not just lazy - and I see the dash on of the taxi has a clock... it says 7:30 am... Here I am thinking it is 8:30 am... We get to the church an hour and a half early and I literally took a nap and then set up all the chairs and then chilled again for a while before ANYONE CAME IN... We woke up at 5:30 am... "Nice one Elder Quist."

Tuesday we had a district meeting. It was great. Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that TUESDAY WAS LOCO. We had 2 baptisms planned for 7:30 pm that night of two little girls, both just barely turned 9 (one literally turned 9 on Tuesday haha), and they didn't have their interviews done yet. SO after the district meeting Elder Gonzalez, one of the zone leaders, went on divisions with my son (who does not communicate well in the Spanish language yet haha) to go do those and I went with the other zone leader Elder Peña in his area. It was super stressful. We had awesome divisions, but I needed to be back in my area to get the baptism ready. We got back in our area at 5:30 and in the church at 6:30. We had to fill the font, turn the boiler on, and clean the church a little bit and set up the chairs STAT. Long story short we ended up starting at 8:15 hahaha. It was awesome. :)

District photos

AVRIL AND MAYRIN GOT BAPTIZED

HALLOWEEN Y´ALL. Today was fun. Lots of work. Very productive.

Something I appreciate here in Mexico is that all efforts are made to find an excuse to party hard. For example, in America we have Halloween. In Mexico, they have Day of the Dead... and it is TWO days cause why not??

DIA DE LOS MUERTOS PARTE UNO: We had a very productive day. At the end of the day we watched "The Best Two Years" with some members and the dad made us Crepes filled with caramel. :))

PARTE DOS: We found this family that has a daughter on the mission, but no one else is a member in her fam and they are super interested and super cool. 

SUNDAY
Good day. Awesome way to end the week. We had crepes again. 4 hours of reporting today. My brain melted haha. I have heard that a ton of changes are coming to Mexico soon. I'll keep you updated!

Have an awesome week! I love you wonderful people of America.

Elder Quist

We met this boxer dude and took pictures with him and his class
Early morning Chalco pic
 Me this morning :))

No comments:

Post a Comment