Monday, February 4, 2019

Week 71 - "Don't Drop the Ball"

It's February and a bunch of cool things happened this week. Let's take a look:

-this sweet old lady told us that there was someone bugging her on Facebook so we helped her block a bunch of people.
-we went to Ayapango a couple times this week and on the way I saw an old man chasing a cow with a beer in one hand and a whip in the other.
-we got some investigators married and their eyes got SUPER wide when the judge lady asked them to hold hands (that sure didn't stress me out... I hope I am not like that when I get married...).
-I ate a hamburger almost every day this week.
-I saved this kid's life. We were walking down the street at night and this kid was running away from a big dog and he tripped and fell on the curb and started screaming and the dog was trying to bite him so I chased the dog away :)

Lots of stuff happened this week! We are working with a couple people in particular. Oscar is really cool, and he wants to get baptized this weekend on the 9th! But he was living with his girlfriend, a member actually, so they got married on Saturday so that he can get baptized! It was cool, and they came to church which was great.

We are also teaching Hariany, she is 14. Normally she lives out of our area, but she has some complicated family problems, so on the weekends she lives with her cousins in our area. She is funny, and came to church which was awesome! She loves it there. 

I was reading this week a talk by President Hinckley titled "Don't Drop the Ball", which talks a little about character. "You can't tell the character of an individual by the way he does his daily work. Watch him when his work is done. See where he goes. Note the companions he seeks, and the things he does when he may do as he pleases. Then you can tell his true character". He goes on to talk about the diferences between an eagle and a hog. I want to invite all of you to go read this talk and ponder its message, then apply it in your life. This talk has always been one of my favorites, and I always learn something new by reading and studying it.

I love all of you guys! I sure do miss y'all. Have an awesome week and don't forget to study the scriptures :)

Elder Quist


No comments:

Post a Comment