Monday, March 18, 2019

Week 77 - Same Area, New Comp

Hey everyone! 

This was a great week with my new comp! I don't remember if I told y'all about him... His name is Elder Martinez. He is from Pachuca, Hidalgo, here in México. He has about 20 months, a few more than me which is awesome. I love learning from my companions. Each one has something distinct to teach. We work really well together! He is super cool, a hard worker. 

This week I was reading about Ammon and Alma and all that missionary stuff. It really hit me how loving our Heavenly Father is! Alma and the sons of Mosiah were the "vilest of sinners" and God forgave them because he knew their potential, and they became some of the best missionaries in the Book Of Mormon! If God can forgive them, he can forgive us (we certainly are not the "vilest of sinners"). And if he can make them some of the most powerful teachers, just imagine what he can help us become! Our Heavenly Father knows our potential. He has a plan for each and every one of us. We just need to trust in him. It is hard sometimes, but God's way is a lot easier than our way.

This week we had a lot of lessons. A lot of work here in Huitzilzingo. I have been thinking lately about Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." We need to think about our priorities and what we really want in this life. God requires our heart as much as He needs any other part of us, and we need to show how much we love Him and our commitment to His commandments! I hope you all think about that this week and you can reflect on that :)

Have a great week!
Elder Quist!

No comments:

Post a Comment