Monday, April 15, 2019

Week 81 - Happy and Busy in the Work

Helloooooooo everyone.

This was a good week, good solid work. We talked to a lot of new people and put a couple baptismal dates! We also had our interviews with President Zapata, it was awesome.

Tuesday we had to go check out a house and cancel the contract, the missionaries aren't gonna live there anymore.  Later we had a couple appointments fall through so we did some contacting and finding allllll day. At night we met with Erik and his family, his wife and two kids, and they agreed to some baptismal dates! Hopefully by the end of this month they can feel prepared enough :)

On Thursday we had interviews with President. As usual, I can truly testify that he is an inspired leader and amazing person. It was fun to talk to him about general conference and the zone. I am gonna miss him when he leaves in July. In the afternoon, we visited a few people and tried to teach a couple lessons but no one was home or they didn't have time... Rough day but a good one.

Friday night we had a stake training about mission work. The stake presidency talked and my companion and I talked as well about how members and missionaries work together and how we can improve. It was fun, I was a little nervous but I think it was fine. 

At night on Saturday we had the same junta but with another part of the stake, but during the day we visited a couple people. Right now we are working with some neighbors of ours. They live in front of our house. One is named Stephanie, who is 12, and the other is Petra, her grandma! They are super prepared, but they both have some obstacles to overcome. I have gained a testimony of sacrifice and endurance in the mission. Like it says in 2 Nephi 9 (I.think) that we must pass through the refiners fire. We all must pass through, or very close to, Gethsemane. And giving up what we want now for something better in the future. Both are topics I love to study. I urge you to study them as well (:

Sunday we had a few people come to church! It was a good day! I had some good steak for lunch hahaha so I can't complain too much. Then at night we went to a family home evening with some members and ate pancakes :)

I love you all! Have a good week :)

Elder Quist




No comments:

Post a Comment