Monday, April 22, 2019

Week 82 - Semana Santa! Happy Easter!

Hey guys! 

I hope this has been a wonderful Easter weekend and that you have been able to feel closer to Christ! :) This week I also will hit 19 months out here so that's cool. More than anything I just want to share a spiritual thought with you all.

The other night I was feeling a little weird, not sad, just a little off. So I grabbed my trusty 'ol Preach My Gospel and I was reading about helping others keep commitments and it really stuck out to me the phrase: "Commitment is an essential part of repentance. It is the act of obligating oneself to a course of action and then diligently following through on that decision." I only have about 4 months left of this wonderful 2 year experience to consecrate my time. Repentance is also another way of talking about progressing. We all need to ask ourselves, whether we are preparing for missions, in the mission field, or we have already finished: How committed are we? A mission is a purifying process haha, sounds kinda ominous but it is, and it is basically a 2 year MTC (or 18 months) that teaches us how to live. We learn how to teach, how to love, how to receive revelation, how to study, how to learn, how to trust in God, how to be a good human being... it teaches us more in such a short period than anything else. To all the future missionaries who read this: prepare beforehand so that you can take full advantage of your time in the mission. You will be such a huge blessing to countless people if you do so. Current missionaries: how committed are you? How can you improve and progress? Return missionaries (or maybe you didn't go on a mission and that is ok, or maybe you went home early, that is ok): how are you progressing? What things should you be doing that you are not doing? Are you being a good example? Are you doing everything you should be doing? 

Repentance is such an amazing process of perfection. Commit yourself to be better! :)

This Easter Sunday I gave a talk in church about Jesus Christ (and a couple other things, but mostly Him). I want to let y'all know that I love Him and this gospel. I am so thankful for His sacrifice, that He was willing to suffer for us in Gethsemane and die on the cross. I am very thankful that He restored the church, this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, through Joseph Smith, and helped us receive the Book of Mormon. I am also thankful for President Nelson, his counselors, and the apostles. I am without words to describe how thankful I am for my family, without them who knows where I would be now. I love you guys :)

Thanks for reading my emails everyone (: Have a good week!

Elder Quist :)








No comments:

Post a Comment