Monday, June 10, 2019

Week 89 - Short Emails Are My Thing

Hey guys! 

What a week. I want to share with you guys just one experience.

Saturday morning we were studying and talking a little about how the week had gone. We felt good about it, but a couple of the people we wanted to visit and tried to visit were not home. After studying together and planning, we said a prayer and left. In the morning, the Zone Leaders came to our area to do two interviews, both of the kids were home and SO PREPARED for their interviews. They both passed with flying colors. We felt pretty lucky and blessed to have that happen. After lunch, we passed by for a bunch of people, but no one was home.

Being me, and this is something I have been doing my entire mission, I told my companion to hold on and I bought us some chocolate. A little bit of chocolate ALWAYS helps, helps with the energy, happiness, finding chosen children of God, and getting along with your companion, it helps with all of that. So we ate some chocolate and then passed by this lady that sells some delicious ice cream (she is an investigator, we didn't just pass by for ice cream... it's just a bonus) and SHE WAS THERE. HALLELUJAH. We talked with her for a lil bit and answered some questions and she told us that her daughter and her grandson want to go to church and meet with us hahaha. MIRACLES EXIST. I'm not saying it was the chocolate, but it sure did help haha. Then we got a call from a member and she told us of a couple people we need to go visit because they want to listen to us! We went to their house, got to know them un poquito, then passed by for someone else and they were home too! All of that happened after 6pm. It was an incredible night, even though it was raining.

I want everyone to study about "hope" this week. What is it? How is it different than faith? How can we have more hope in our lives? It is an interesting subject. I studied it this week a little and it had everything to do with the success we saw Saturday night.

The book is blue, the church is true :) Have a good week!

Elder Quist (:




No comments:

Post a Comment