Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Week 5 - "Oh, you're gonna get robbed"

Hola mis amados hermanos y hermanas! This week went by so fast. The weather is a lot better down here, just so everyone knows. Ok I'll get right to it. 

Wednesday: The rest of last p-day was just us chillin and then later we met up with Salas (our latino comp) and did a lesson. Sad day cause he leaves Monday and we aren't going to see him. 

Thursday: We somehow got out of teaching all day today so we just studied outside and talked with a ton of people. We went to the tined to buy some Hot Nuts (they are so good - hard to explain exactly what they are, but they are good!) and Jumex (just some bomb juice). I read my Book of Mormon a lot today and it was so great. Later in the day, Peterson and I taught a lesson to our class on 2 Nefi 31 and 32. Awesome chapters, go read them!

Friday: Eventful day today. I was so full of the spirit today. It was so cool to look back and see how I was guided by the spirit. As ZL's, we go around and check on the districts and share a thought and the scriptures I shared were not what I was thinking I was going to share. Super cool. So 2 weeks ago this kid in my district left to join a latino district cause he is so good at Spanish, and today we got a new elder. He was moved to our district because we are apparently pretty obedient anddddd this kid is not... So he has almost gotten sent home twice now for being disobedient. We are doing good though and he is being a lot better now, a lot more humble.

Saturday: HAHAHA SO. This kid in our casa, Elder Davis (the same one who broke the window), tore his pectoral - so his chest is HUGE. It is soooo funny. (and sad) He has to wear a sling for like a week. Not much went on today. Read some BoM, taught a lesson, learned thee Español. 

Sunday: As always, Sundays are a blessing. Daylight savings was today so we got an extra hour of sleep which was the best. Sometimes we sleep in Rowberry and Crocketts room and have little sleepovers cause why not? They are both going to Chalco too. The 4 of us make up the Chalco Boys Gang haha, pic coming soon. We watched the Joseph Smith Movie today and it was so good. Like, I've seen it before but seeing it here was way cool. My fav quote was "..perhaps I was meant to swim in deep water." Super cool to liken that to our own lives if we are going through hard times. The devotional at night was about the Book of Mormon. I really like the second part of Alma 30:44, everyone go read it! It is such a cool scripture. So we were talking to some latinos about where they are going and then they asked us where we are going and we said Mexico City Chalco. The first thing he said was, "Oh, you're gonna get robbed." HAHAHAHA I'm so excited. It's gonna be so fun. He was from Chalco and said he loves it, and that we are going to be pretty safe (besides getting robbed haha).

Monday: Guys I miss music so much, no offense to MoTab, but I miss real musica soooooo much. This Elder two doors down has the voice of an angel and he sang some Sam Smith and he sang Welcome to the Black Parade, sooooooooooooooooo good. I miss music guys. The food today was so good, cinnamon french toast in la mañana and enchiladas for lunch. Our lesson went well. Only prepared for like five minutes and I didn't really mess up so go me.

Tuesday: Halloween today! Hope everyone is enjoying the weak sauce United States holiday. haha Here in Mexíco, we have Diá de los Muertos, or day of the dead. It's insane. Instead of just one night, it is two whole entire days (Nov 1 and 2) and there are tons of fireworks and fiestas and the such. So sorry USA, Mexíco has got ya beat here. At gym we played revenge and I killed it. I'm pretty sure if I didn't go on a mission I'd be drafted by now. For Halloween, Crockett and I switched name tags and we were each other. Also, as a treat to myself, I bought a brand new quadruple combination in Spanish. It is so small and I love it.

Wednesday: So far today we have played some ball, got a haircut, played more ball, and emailed, so I'll fill y'all in next week about today.

I might not miss home when home is freezing and it is 75° here, but I do miss everyone! Email me and just tell me whatever - how's school, how's the weather, anything. I love hearing from you guys! I'm doing great out here, Español is muy bueno, mi compañero is bueno, los alimentos es mas o manos pero me gusta tratando nuevo cosas. 

Love you guys! 

Elder Quist

 me and my comp and Elder Salas
View from the casa

Me and Elder Fullmer 
My eyes look way weird in this picture so please don't look at them, but this is Elder Klemme.


We love finding our boy's face on the CCM Facebook page!
 Spot him? (Middle back)
Far left... love that smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment