Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Week 53 - The Work Must Go On!

Ok so this week was crazy! And very sad. I am still very sad. Let me explain. 


At the beginning of the training of Elder Solorzano, he said his ear kinda hurt, but it wasn't too bad. So he dealt with it and the pain kind of went away. A couple of weeks ago it got worse and it was hurting him all day every day. I gave him a blessing and we went to the doctor, but nothing helped. This last week he has been getting super nauseous and sick and threw up almost everything he ate, 3 or 4 times a day. SO we went to the doctor again, a better one, and he told us that the problem is not his ears, it is his nose. As long as Solorzano can remember he cannot breathe through his nose and that makes his ears hurt (?) which shouldn't make sense, but it did when he explained it. So we told President Zapata and he called the family of Elder Solorzano and the General Authorities. Everyone decided that he needs to get surgery. Now, the rule is that if you need surgery and it'll take more than 2 weeks to recover, you have to go home to do it :( THEREFORE on Friday in the morning I went with Elder Solorzano and the AP's to the airport to drop my lil child off so he can go home to Guatemala. Tears were shed, pictures were taken, we also ate donuts, but that is beside the point... My son will be in Guatemala for about a month and a half and then he will come back :) My son was and is one of my best friends. But the work must go on. 

Until this cycle ends (next week), I will be with Elder Spiers. He is super cool, I love him. Right now he is learning how to be secretary because the secretaries of the mission are going home soon. I am still in Cuatro Vientos for now. All those baptisms I talked about last week fell through :( I am also very sad because of that. 

The other day, I don't remember which one cause there have been so many, I was reading in Helaman chapter 5. It is a very good chapter. I never have realized how good it is actually! Go read it :)) 

That was the major news of this week. Please keep Elder Solorzano in your prayers so that his surgery goes well.

I love you ALL. God loves you more. If you love God (and me) you will all remember to watch General Conference this weekend! There will be a bunch of cool announcements, (so they say). One of them will include China (just a guess though, haha). ;) 

Have a great week! Love you all!
Elder Quist :)

My birthday celebration 
Sending off my son
 Me and my new comp

No comments:

Post a Comment