Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 60 - THANKSGIVIN'

Hey y'all. Crazy stuff goin' on in Mexico. 

TUESDAY: BUSY DAY LOTS OF WORK LOTS OF LESSONS IT WAS GREAT :))

WEDNESDAY: SAME THOUGH.

THURSDAY: OK so this morning was when all the crazy stuff happened. We woke up and got ready and then we went to Ayapango near Amecameca, we are trying to get the Salas fam married there (cause it is cheaper there and the judge is nice to the missionaries I guess?), and we left our house at 8:30 and got back to the house at like 3ish. We then had to get some info so we could get some medical analysis (for the wedding, I'm not sick I promise), and then Elder Rowberry and Elder Herrera came to our area to do some interviews for baptism! Andrea and Mayte both passed there interviews! It was a fun evening. Then we went and visited a few families before going home. 

FRIDAY: So in the morning the analysis was ready so we went to Chalco to go get them. We then got all our stuff ready, went to lunch, then went to the church at 3 to get ready for the BAPTISM. We showed up about 4 hours early because the font doesn't fill up very fast. We got the boiler goin and then just waited, bored out of our minds, as the font filled up. We had the baptism at 7:30ish. It was awesome :)) Mayte is awesome, she is so ready to be baptized. Funny story: How do you baptize someone scared of water?? HERE'S HOW. You use all the words in your spanish vocabulary that you can think of as you slowly get them to take their shoes off; then you do the same thing as you get them into the door that leads to the font; then you do the same thing as you put one toe into the water; repeat until all toes are in the water; repeat process until they are completely in the water!; THEN tell the person that they can't get out until they get baptized hahahaha works everyyyyy time. *sidenote, it took about 20 minutes*. Then I got to confirm her! It was awesome.


SATURDAY: Today was good, not as crazy. We visited a bunch of people (I will explain later why...). We got stuff ready for tomorrow. 

SUNDAY WOWZA CRAZY DAY: HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH I was two hairs away from going crazy yesterday... 

The day started at 3:30am. We woke up, got ready, then took a taxi to the church. Turned the boiler on and got everything ready for 4 MORE BAPTISMS!!! It was SO cold in the church. Now, lemme explain: Last week an area seventy came to the mission and had a meeting with ward and stake leaders, announcing a bunch of changes. I knew about this changes but we all thought they would not happen for awhile. Turns out they are happening immediately. Our area is an entire ward and our ward of Cuatro Vientos is being changed to a branch and is changing to the Ixtapaluca Stake. Which means that our area is changing missions to the Mexico South East mission. For the last couple of days, the assistants to president and the secretaries for their mission have been calling me asking about the area. On Thursday it was confirmed. When we went to Chalco President Zapata talked to me about what is going on. On Tuesday we will be leaving :( The Salas family will not be able to get married before I leave so I won't be able to baptize them :(((( We have been working with them for 4 1/2 months! I was devestated. So we got their permission to baptize their kids, Sol, Mariana, and Oscar. So yesterday at 9, we baptized Sol, Mariana, Oscar, and Andrea!!!! It was awesome! The font felt super nice, very warm, like a jacuzzi. 



Church started. We confirmed those 4 and Fatima from last week. SUPER STRESSFUL. At church today were the stake presidents from Chalco AND Ixtapaluca, the mission president from the South-East mission and his wife (super cool people), a secretary from their mission, and one of their assistants to the president who will be the new missionary here in Cuatro Vientos. NO PRESSURE. But I did it, it was an incredible experience. Super grateful. Then I showed the new missionary around the area a little bit, told him about investigators, all that fun stuff. I was sad cause I was not going to be able to baptize Bernardo and Ana Salas :( But I felt like I should talk to President Mann (from South-East mission) about it. I explained the situation and he said he would be honored if I come back to baptize in about a week!!!! Not only can I see them baptized, I can BAPTIZE THEM FASKHFDAÑJFUAQEFHIPÑSAIÑJ I am very happy about this news!

Later I got our changes. They changed around the whole stake, and a couple others as well, about half the mission changed, and I will be staying in the Chalco area! Turns out that the AP's are changing their area and my son and I will be going there! Dope. :))

STRESSFUL WEEK ((: I love y'all! 

Elder Quist






1 comment:

  1. Elder Quist...you are an amazing missionary! I love reading your weekly letters. Your testimony is inspiring. Keep working hard!!
    Love, Aunt Marie

    ReplyDelete