Monday, January 7, 2019

Week 67 - Happy New Year! + Transfers

Hi Everyone!

Changes! This time I'm going super far! Just kidding. I just moved to the other side of the stake haha. I am now in the ward Huitzilzingo. I haven't ever been in this zone before, so I am pretty excited. My new companion is Elder Cabrera. He is from Sonora, Mexico. I love being with him - he is an awesome leader. 

Tuesday: Last day with Elder McDowell in the mission! He gets home on Wednesday. It's insane to think about that. When I got to Mexico, he only had about 9 months. The time goes by sooooo fast! Well after saying goodbye to him, Elder Cabrera and I got on our way to our house. After unpacking a little bit, we headed out and got lost for about 5 hours... Might be worth mentioning that Elder Cabrera is also new here. We walked a BUNCH. 

Wednesday: Today we got off to an early start with an appointment at 9:30 am. Later we went to Chalco to take money out of the ATM, then to Mixquic for Elder Cabrera's backpack that he left at another missionary's house... Then we WALKED. A LOT. We walked to one side of the pueblo to the other like 3 times. I mean, it isn't like a large city, but it isn't small. We met Edmundo that night, a neighbor of ours and the dad of some members. He has been meeting with the missionaries for a couple weeks. We got to know him and he expressed his desires to be baptized THIS SATURDAY! So of course, well, we said yes. (: 

Thursday: Lots of walking, calves looking fine, spirit strong, very tired.

Friday: We went all the way to Amecameca today for the leadership meeting. It was awesome! We were able to feel the spirit as we listened to all the messages. Two elders in particular talked about making sacrifices. I really liked what they said about giving up something right now, maybe something good even, for something better in the future. We are all faced with decisions everyday. Some hard and some easy, and our loving Heavenly Father has given us our agency to choose. Many times we can choose to do what would make us happy right now or we can choose to wait. Throughout my time here, I have gained a strong testimony of this principal. 

"Nevertheless, without patience, we cannot please God; we cannot become perfect. Indeed, patience is a purifying process that refines understanding, deepens happiness, focuses action, and offers hope for peace."  -Dieter F. Uchtdorf




(pics from the mission facebook page)

Saturday: First Saturday in Huitzilzingo, first baptism. Edmundo, the man we met during the week, was baptized by his son-in-law Cesar. It was an awesome service! I could really feel the spirit present.



Sunday: Not gonna lie, it was kinda weird with just 2 hours of church. I liked it though, don't get me wrong. I don't want to get into soooo many details, but we saw so many miracles today. It was a nice tender mercy. 

This week was kinda crazy and kinda busy and very fun. It has been an eye-opening experience to be here in this area with Elder Cabrera. Have a great week! Don't forget to make goals. We can always change for the better. Improve, develop, and become more like the Savior. It's the purpose of life, right?

Love ya all!
Elder Quist (:

No comments:

Post a Comment