Monday, May 6, 2019

Week 84 - Back to Valle

Hey everyone! 
I hope y’all had a good week and were able to see some awesome miracles. This week was a lil slow, not a lot of people were home cause this week there were a bunch of days of from school and whatnot... 
On Saturday we went to the baptism of some other missionaries to help out and after the baptism, when the people had time to change and all, they had the opportunity to share their testimonies. This is honestly my favorite part of any baptismal service. It is crazy how fast God helps people receive a testimony. In just a few short weeks, a handful of powerful spiritual experiences, all of that can make some say, “I know without a doubt that this church is true.” That’s pretty cool :)

A few times in church a specific thought came to mind, well the talk as a whole, but the quote is “Don’t judge me because I sin differently than you.” Sometimes it is hard as a missionary not to judge. We meet a lot of people, many of them with serious sins and problems in their lives, and if we aren’t careful we can start to judge. But like the quote says, we should not judge others because they have different sins than us, we aren’t perfect and neither are they. Maybe you aren’t judgy. That’s good :) keep doing that. 

I was also reading a quote by a president of the church, I honestly don’t remember who, I think it was President McKay... but the quote said that “Our personal influence is one of our greatest responsibilities,” or something like that. When we meet people or interact with another person they come to know who we are and what we stand for. He went on later to say that one of the biggest things that will bring people to the church is our example. Remember to be good, reverent, kind, and happy people, you never know who is watching!

I love y’all :) I hope you have a good week! Stay on the lookout for miracles!

Also I have changes, I’m heading back to Valle de Chalco, where I started my mission!

Elder Quist 

No comments:

Post a Comment